6.15.2015

week 64 - Much to do on Malo

(15) Monday

#MaloIsland #PeaceCorpsVanuatu

Going to get some wood supplied in Luganville and then run back to site to continue building.





(16) Tuesday

I am sick but I am going to try working all day. Ozzies whew... they are frustrating... was waiting and thinking one was going to help me but then got a late developing message sorry going to the Banks Islands. The Banks... who cares. You have one shot going here and getting five star treatment free... what you get on the banks nothing. Bad decision making if you ask me.

Oh well who cares? I am going to work and kick ass all day. Wait for more photos and see how awesomeness looks.

Couple photos:



These are now mounted into the walls and the table is painted white... Floors need mats or something because it is dusty but oh well. Two more benches to make to put in the middle section. Then next week the computers get plugged in and set on top.


I put side panels on three bookshelves. Then I have to make the inner seperators... that will take time. I will work on this tomorrow or the next day.

(17) Wednesday

Today I will make a bench or two. Recovering from a cold I caught the other day. I am soar all over but I am still working.




Last bench finally. Done.





Look at this guy... met him this morning... crabby little guy:


(18) Thurday

I heard I have my last shipment of timber coming today... If that is true then I can start on the last two bookshelves. Really hope I can finish them this week... then it will mostly be downhill for building.

I am not sure when the computers will be setup but that is easy. Need the power regulator installed to make it clean power but oh well.

And last but not least set up the books. So much to do in that area... not sure how to handle that.

Oh well taking it step by step.. day by day.

Delivery of my X's and 2x2 board... now I can finish the bookshelves.


Started building:


Here are the x's


Finishing shelf 4:


End of Day:


(19) Friday

All day I was :
Making the bookshelf inner walls:



(20) Saturday

Today I will make the shelves all day. Hopefully we can use the plywood to complete the other bits when we run out of 8x2's because we will run out of them fast today. It takes one board 6 feet long to make 5 small board to make a cubby slot. I mis-estimated my original design ... short about 60 board. Opps. So I will try and re-design them to use fewer pieces. and I came up with a solution I think that will look good.

(21) Sunday

Finished two major objectives... Bookshelves are good enough to use now and the mural is finished as far as the major items are concerned:

here is a photo update>