7.20.2015

week 69 - Done & done.

(20) Monday

All the work is complete at the site now its just about having a few fun parties and opening the lab/library up on Thursday... the next day is childrens day. I have a powerpoint show to do a small presentation and talk talk. All is good... internet at my house is dead so I have to use internet at Natengura cafe.

uploading inmages hopefully I can post a couple. I am in photo debt because of the internet outage.


Friend of mine from youth challenge... Eliza

AND this one has jay and nat:




Finished labeling all the books...


last bookshelf labeled green we switched blue and green positions because I had 1000 green labels and like 70 blue... the green was in more usable quantities... just can't find many good stickers in Vanuatu.


Mounted this to the wall in the computer lab to hold the switch and the modem.


This kid was pulled by over powering draw of new stuff and computers.... he was enjoying the 10 minutes of gas power we had to test the internet.


Label on the back walls to show where the french books are.


Painter that did all the mural except the one with the picture frame.



New white board in the computer lab.

(21) Tuesday

Not much really went down... mending injury and had dinner with Bryan and Kate.

(22) Wednesday

I sold some stuff and hung out with thomas and Kiki at Aqua. Fun night

(23) Thursday

We opened the lab... such a great day. They killed a pig it screamed it brains out as they smashed its skull in... then we listened to a ton of long speeches that was tiring but we opened the library and lab. I made one small speech and the news media was up there to make a print story and one for the TV. It was a great day... trying to post photo of it now:





(24) Friday

Today is Childrens day... almost forgot to bring my camera to natengura cafe... grabbed a couple decent shots from the back of a pickup truck. Will post them soon.



Opening the library:



Killing the pig:




Computer lab opening






(25) Saturday

Rodeo days in Santo... looking forward to seeing some steer riding,

Lots of people in town this week... the wild days are here again.

They (several people) really lay it on pretty thick about how I have to ride a bull...I am not a man if i don't... which is of course a load a crap. I don't have to do shit if I don't want to and if my not obeying your peer pressure shit is not satisfying to you that's tuff. They are steers mostly, not bulls. There are only two bulls are at the rodeo and only the pro rider will give that a go.

Here are some decent photos of the ride:







(26) Sunday

Started late today 8am... but beat the rush to attar and uploaded some photos before people start chewing up all the bandwidth using skype and other things.

More rodeo stuff today... guess I will go again. There is not much else to do.