5.19.2015

week 60 - building like mad

(18) Monday

Placing a large order of building material at Veneer Lumber ... and trying to get ready to construct 5 large bookshelves. Huge quantity of stuff for this place 155 8x1x2 meter white wood. just for the shelves.

Excited to build these and then the last major construction item is finished. They think it will take them a month to get the material ready... that is too slow. I need it this week. Oh well hopefully they can give me partial orders and I can make it worth going to Malo this week.

(19) Tuesday

I like looking at this blue and green beach from the air.


Back to making more benches and bookshelves this week. I should have plenty of rosewood to make benches and enough to make at least one bookshelf. That and Sam and her dude vato will be working with me this weekend.

Next week I will bring up this one girl I don't know that well but she seems nice and then Bryan and Kate are back so they will be up again to help paint the last bit of the mural.... If laura wants she would be welcome to join me anytime... and Maybe I will ask I can have the smiths visit once unless they are too busy swimming at million dollar point.

Suppose I will stop in at the NDMO and make sure nothing is going on... but after breakfast.

So I had a great breakfast and then got an haircut. Feel like a million vatu which is like what 100K us.

if you ever want to read some new from this place this link is interesting... has the local stories that are quite bizzare: http://www.dailypost.vu/


It is funny when i am town there is absolutely nothing to do. When I leave town I have work... this is the opposite of what most people experience town = busy... not for me.

I was walking home from NDMO and this kid oh maybe 7 built up the tremendous courage to say,  "Yu go Where?" heh I said, "Mi go house blo me." I know i still suck at bislama but whatever... and then I tried to get them to talk more but that was all they could handle I think... because when i turned back to look they were giggling and high fiving each other just from saying that and hearing me talk. Pretty funny.

(20) Wednesday

So tomorrow I am making better versions of this. Five of them, one extra board in the middle with separators and backs... should be pretty nice:


(21) Thursday

Wood supplies are not here yet so i am preparing my plan and getting all my things ready.


Having time to think is nice i guess... the boat ride out to Ratua takes about 40 minutes... It's kind of funny what you get used to week to week... this to me is like my bus ride or train ride to work... I rather be on a boat skipping across waves and getting a taste of sea salt on my face as we dart over the choppy water. But at the same time it's always sitting and waiting. Waiting for the boat to show up, waiting on the boat to get to the site and then waiting for the boat to leave and drop me back in Luganville. I don't mind waiting so much anymore as long as I know I have a sure ride and that part is taken care of.

(22) Friday

Here is the bench prototype I made last week and I am hoping to make more of them full sized this weekend.

Here are my wood supplies:




Here is a book shelf but not finished yet because I am out of 8x1 boards to build the seperators... and support structure inside the bookshelf:



(23) Saturday

We made these:

And this is what it looks like unoccupied:



(24) Sunday

Made this:
The next day