6.09.2015

week 63 - Rosewood, black bean and pine, oh my.

(08) Monday

Started Monday off finishing of this bench and then staining it...



Good job Amanada... take five.


Went to Nanduatu with Amnada and painted a little on the mural.



(09) Tuesday

Finished the week by making 12 bookshelf parts the main more time consuming bit of sizing each 8x1 by 82 in boards to make them square and lined up then zip them together with 5 pieces of 2x2 boards one on each end and three in the middle to support it, hold it together nice and used as the means to put the side boards on to cover up the support structure inside the book case.

Moved things down on this farm tractor trailer setup:


Have 12 more to make next trip then haul them all over to Malo and start assembling them. Last huge thing then we can hook up the computers and put the books on the shelves... and set up the inventory tracking system and start labeling all the books and ordering them. Time consuming stuff.

I will need lots of markers and tape.

Here check this out this fisherman brought in a bunch of huge red snappers might take me a few hours to upload the photo... gotta love developing world internet speed... 1-2 k per second its like being in the 80's :





(10) Wednesday

Ordered 11 more pieces of 2x2 by 2 meter boards for the support structure of the bookshelves and over a thousand screws to piece them all together. should be set for building materials for a few weeks now. It's like about 30 pounds of screws.

After a nice breakfast and a small nap I will head into the NDMO and see whats up work on my slide show and VRF... call it a day. Then pizza at Byran and Kate's.

Hopefully my neighbor buys my BBQ and Microwave and I can get rid of some of my expensive items that I no longer use...

(11) Thursday

If all goes according to plan then tomorrow my microwave and grill are sold and moved... only a few big items left to get rid of. Extra mattress and I think my bike might be sold as well. Woohoo. Goodbye big items.



(12) Friday

Well thank god I head back to build stuff... two days of boredom in Luganville Santo is long enough for me... Can't wait until I am in the USA and there is a nightlife and things to do besides just sitting at my house.

Found this photo on facebook decided to share it... of the return trip from australia when we went back to port vila efate after the cyclone pam was gone.



(13) Saturday

Moved a huge quantity of material over to the Nindiutu/malo site and it was pretty amazing. I took a
bunch of photos here are few good ones:

















(14) Sunday

Today I plan to build as many bookshelves as I can. Mabe get all 5 framed up and solid and then starting adding the separators and sides and back to them. It is a ton of material to cut and screw in. I think it is quite daunting but I am sure I can do it.


Here is what we ended up with on Sunday night... 3 framed up bookshelves and 2 ready to piece together when I return next Thursday. I need 25 more X's support and 3 more 2x2's to make support struts... then it over buying stuff... and the end of this build is near. Woohoo... So many pounds of screws must be over a 2 thousand. I was teaching these kids how to build all day. As some of you know who know me... I like to talk so I was explaining everything as I built stuff. That way they learn and see at the same time. That is my style of teaching, by doing.