2.02.2015

Week 45 - To Vila and back

(02) Monday

It been a nice day relaxing reading... tomorrow Kensley arrives and we can try and figure out this laptop/PC problem we are having with work.

Time to go find some lunch and or watch the superbowl.

2:45pm
I sat and watched the super bowl at the brewery with a few peace corps people and this kiwi guy. The kiwi guy sat and talked to me for like an hour which was nice. He was a Seahawks fan. I personally could care less which team won. I would like it if it was a draw.

I enjoyed watching this woman across the street hauling a large suitcase on wheels up the staircase pulling it up each step one by one as it locked in place. There was something satisfying about how it clicked into each step.

After the point hit where I was too low in money  to continue with the group I went to jungle cafe and had a burger/fries and a thick chocolate shake. It was perfect I just wish it was not twelve bucks. Oh well.

Sunset on Efate inside Chill restaurant:


(03) Tuesday

Added a little more details to the basic design of the app I am making for NDMO.



(04) Wednesday

I made it back to Luganville Santo today. Met up with Byran and Kate and his brother. They are playing ultimate frisbee I am vegging out playing FTL. Not much else going on.

The heat at this house is so bad I can barely think. I forgot how terrible the summer is here.

(05) Thursday

I went to riri with Bryan and Kate and Bryan's and Brandon, Bryan's brother. His bike (Rich's old one) had a nasty blowout flat tire, so we decided to take a taxi. He paid for it the whole thing... man that was nice. Thanks man. I took some photos:




I feel like I did in high school where most of my friends were giants. I was always teased for being a midgit and I am 6 feet tall.

After swimming in the blue hole we had small movie night. Watch hmm... nightcrawler. Creepy show.

(06) Friday

Today  get my laundry back from Deco stop, I am looking forward to seeing how this turns out. I am looking forward to clothes that don't stink. Downloaded a new album by Haim.

Time to make some food. Omelette time.

(07) Saturday

I live in an oven... it's 95 degrees near 100 percent humidity it feel like 110 and i cannot move without being drenched in sweat. I can barely think. It is so shocking to my Minnesota body temp I don't know what to do. I shower every few hours to get the stink off my body and to cool off. This house man... it's like a death camp.

I made some food few times today but that added extra heat... almost regret eating.

I look forward to the night when the sun goes down and the concrete walls start to cool off, they are the evil that bakes me all day and the tin roof. Whoever made this house should have seen the results by living in it. No shade, all concrete and the sun hits it all day long. I am praying for rain to knock the temps down. But its been dry for days.

(08) Sunday

It is just so hot I can sleep its not 4:30am and when the mob of annoying dogs barked for two hours straight I decided it was best to read the news and analyze stocks and such. Go Pro stocks and Amazon... hm. There are lots of cool advances in robots too.

A storm is starting to light up the sky now if only it would rain non stop for like all of February it might knock the temp down a degree. It is nice listening to the thunder booming and being ominous...
it took 2 more hours before it finally resulted in a short burst of rain. The temperature dropped to 85 degrees, a 20-25 degree change from a few hours before. Now its 8:23am and the temp is rising again back to 88 degrees 72% humidity. I am happy I have this digital temperature gauge.

11:30am

Then something weird happened and unexpected call and before I know it I am on my way out to RIRI blue hole. It was a good thing to be getting out of the oven and to a place that has cold water to sit in forever.

There was so much analysis of what had occurred that I am not sure I can recall half of the possibilities. Was the man confused about the identity of my friend or was he just trying to make a new friend? But then why invite someone to go swimming but then never end up bringing their family to join us at the blue hole... was he trying to make a new friend or a new "friend"? Then why tell her about the wife and kids... but also why pick her up first and not the family? Wouldn't the wife be suspicious of who this unknown woman in the car is... of course they would.

So it was like that for a while... we are not sure of what the answer is actually. Well we can to a conclusion (he was confused) as we starting walking home and then we were wrong as his car pulled up 45 minutes late and then... he drove me into town to get money, then to the Daming store to get steaks... then to drop off the friend... back up to my house where i slept for a bit. He did not charge us a dime for all the driving. That would have normally ran 5,000vt or 50 bucks.

After all the head spinning mini drama ended, I made the best steaks and french fries with cheese and spices and such... that even skeptics (who now have tried said dish) said oh my, "god that is delicious! I had no idea." All that is true. And the reason for all the actions that came to be may have been of ill motivation but can to completely beautiful fruition in the end. Sometimes
bad * bad = good like -1 *-1 = 1.




Then the clouds changed and it hard to hard for about an hour but these kids man they don't care they continued running and jumping into the water it wouldn't matter if it was a solid state of rain or not.