12.15.2014

Week 38 - Hot Tumas

(15) Monday
I was supposed to go on the West Coast this week of Santo but I think my counterpart just went without me. I am not sure how that came to be. I tried calling him but never got a reply. Maybe he forgot or thought I was coming back Saturday and I was delayed until Sunday.

Oh well... another time. Today has been raining and stick all day. Tried reading and planning my move into Mike Staffords house.  I have a lot to pack up and move in the next couple weeks. If we get a truck probably 3 trips and it will be done.


(16) Tuesday
Another hot day... must be 80 and it is so humid. It barely rained yesterday. And all day there was a crew of people working on the basketball court, pouring concrete and evening it out. A job I would have loved to help with if I were staying on with the school but since I am moving on I went over and talked with them and said good work.

Trying to pack my things into boxes and and not sure where to start. Well boxes acquiring more is a start. I should go to some of the local stores and see if they have some empty boxes.

It is ok that I did not end up going up the west coast of santo... maybe after I am moved and setup at Staffords house I can then be assigned a new trip or something.

I don't know how these guys to it... work in the rain all day long, Even concrete work. That is a lesson is disaster though because if you continue to work concrete in a rain storm the concrete will not get the right water to mixture and it will be weaker, crumbly and break apart much faster than if it were mixed and cured. You need to stop working concrete and cover it with plastic and let it dry before continuing. They are making a very bad choice. I would have urged them not to try this kind of project in the rainy season... wait until dry season for higher rate of conditions for proper concrete work. Oh well.

I just hope the music changes a bit. I literally heard the same song last night 40 times in a row. The same one... and now I am going on two weeks of no water. Ugh, looking forward to moving into the new house.

(17) Wednesday
Rain or not these guys at my school keep working away. And 3 days with of tons of rain. Concrete work in the middle of s rain storm is a bad idea. Same annoying french song for the last 3 hours. I am going a little insane from the music.

Had to take a photo of this:

Eight hours of the same song... the same song. It is torture. They are torturing my brain. Eight hours.

(19) Thursday
It rained most of the day. I was home packing. We had a dinner over at Maria's house it was curry beef. Grace had her parents visiting. Jeff was her fathers name, pretty funny guy. Wanted to know about my tattoo. He liked the artistry... aka the breasts.

I looked at the concrete court to see how badly the rainfall had messed up their work. It appears ok. I wonder how much the rain will make the concrete brittle or something. There are reasons not to mix and pour concrete in the middle of a rain storm.

(20) Friday
Today I guess I will host a movie night. Maybe we will finish off the Twin Peaks with the real movie.
I still have no water.

7:31... just started this entry at 7:31... that is my birth month and day. Ever notice small details like that when you are doing something. I bet everyone notices something odd like this but never says anything about it. I notice 7.31 patterns happen a lot but I bet they mean nothing. I am only aware of it because those number mean something to me. Ok sorry went on a rant.

(21) Saturday
Not much went on during the day... it was only the grill party/movie night that was interesting.

Had some good food and a weird space movie.

(22) Sunday
So far a another slow day. I got a haircut. Nice and light for all the heat we get.

Not sure what is going on today. I want to watch the end of Twin Peaks with the Fire walk movie... Fingers crossed. Beat FTL more ways and times than i can count. Not the most challenging game but still really fun.