4.21.2015

Week 56 - The light at the end of the tunnel

April (20) Monday

Worked at the NDMO and helped my counterpart on a funding item. He wants to try and get another CDC setup. Not sure how this will pan out but worth a shot.

Besides that I worked on my design doc that will never likely get seen or built but oh well keeps me busy.

Then I had a chicken wrap sammy at Attar and took a nap. That and went to semi play ultimate frisbee. I am so nearly done with the short story I was put-zing around with... Kate will look it over tonight.

Photo from last week:

(21) Tuesday

Went into the office again and working on software design. Counterpart is somewhere but not sure where.

At least the internet is working.

Another photo from last week:

(22) Wednesday

Managed to fix a PC for the millionth time. Yeah. One more CPU functioning. Its an ancient beast a IBM Thinkpad from the late 90's can't believe it still runs. I put XP on it. Trying to find serial maker for ancient office 2000 and office 97. Yeah the nintys are back.

Everyone keeps popping into the office looking for my counterpart Kensley... and I keep taking messages. I wonder where he is too.

(23) Thursday

Not a whole lot going on at the moment... that sounds like a saying I have seen on a t-shirt. Hm.

Well... finishing up on a short story and then going to Aqua tonight. Ran into a gaggel of cute baby docs at LCM today... all eating icecream. They are all very attractive but who cares they are all gone in a week or so. Not really worth getting to know too well when they disappear so quickly.

I had a dream that some kind of bug was attacking my neck in my semi lucid waking up stage. I hate these bugs here... they are relentless monsters.

(24) Friday

A boring day... not much going on again. Will try and design and submit an order for making benches at the malo site today. Last big component to make and my work is completing. Not looking forward to it ending because then I will have nearly nothing to do. Oh well.

Tonight will be the aqua thing... was wrong about it yesterday.

That was a total bust... Showed up at aqua and mikey and mark and some other randoms are lounging around the parking lot a truck with a truck bed full of coolers with beer and such waiting for the rare sighting of a pretty girl to show up so they could to whisk them to a private beach... away from all others to enjoy like a cocktail. Pretty gross... so I am glad I did not go, not that they would invite me.

(25) Saturday

not much going on again today... writing, reading talking to family on skype... missing home and friends and things to do with my time beside just sit on my bed doing nothing. You never know what you're missing out on until you have thrown it all away, to do nothing. Can't wait to return to malo and work on the lab/library... being in town is completely pointless.

(26) Sunday

So most all newbies are at site now. Let their adventure begin. I get to work in Vila next week fixing up old PC's and sending them out to a school so many have had all their stuff destroyed that these old machines will be a good addition. I am not so sure learning windows xp and office 2000 will help a ton but oh well better than nothing.