12.08.2014

Week 37 - Adventure to Vila

Dec 8th -14

(08) Monday
Here we go back again to Vila... I don't like it but I need to be there to get my new assignment. I fear that I will not be able to control myself and spend a bunch of money and come back to Santo broke like every time I have been to Vila.

The sunrise is beautiful this morning... I have not packed at all... but I don't need much. Small bag with a few shirts and such should do it. Really looking forward to a hot shower been months since I had one.

I really need to finish my short story now since I am having a two part one go into the next van am. Hmm... new job, new home. Lots going on. Plus the best news I have a new renter in my condo so I won't go broke anymore paying rent on an empty condo. Lots of good things going on. Can't wait to get a pizza at Chill. Not sure who is in town maybe I can hangout with a few PC's this week too.

(09) Tuesday
I met the new counterpart and learned a bit about NDMO... I received some valued advice from people in town. This place is so different from Santo. I am looking forward to a new start at this Peace Corps thing.

I had an appointment with the dentist in Vila. I was impressed. I was a bit afraid to go because if you saw the teeth of people here man... scary. But they had super modern machines and the cleaning took only 15 minutes. The are going to fix a chip on my tooth Friday. Then I am going back to Santo.

(10) Wednesday
Woah... 3am I am getting alive by mosquitos at Hibiscus... it is not as nice of hotel as PacPar... but oh well, they have a shower and compared to my house that has had the water shut off for the last 3 days, having running water is an nice life improvement.

Met with PC and my counterpart everything is looking great. I heard about going to the west side of Santo next week on a boat for 24 hours to do some land surveys, and soil sampling. Should be pretty wild. I like the water and have been a viking for weeks at a time when I was younger with my dad in canada but this is not a fishing trip it will be ocean and small boat. Wild times are coming.

(11) Thursday
Today is the final day of the conference... then I can get a few things done in town and return back to Santo Friday. I hope I can find some canvas to paint on. I have a bunch of oils and nickel knives thirsty for use. It's been a year since I scratched anything on canvas, I miss it.




(12) Friday
I survived the week woohoo and I am not totally broke. Fly back to Santo tomorrow then on Sunday I take a 24 hour boat ride up the West Coast of Santo to so some NDMO work. Exciting.

Just hanging out in the resource room getting some books, going to search for a canvas to paint on, then a dental appointment I think I need a new filling and a tooth was chipped so I am not sure how they fix that. Pain doesn't hurt... is a line from a movie I forget which... oh No Maybe it was Road House, yeah a 90's movie with Patrick Swayze.

I hope everything is ok back in Santo. Would suck if my house was messed with. Fingers crossed.

Grabbed a bunch of new movie content... hope Kate and Bryan likes what I got.

(13) Saturday

Back to Santo today...
                            ELECTRONIC TICKET
                       PASSENGER ITINERARY RECEIPT
 
 AIR.VANUATU.RESERVATIONS.&         DATE: 08 DEC 2014
 AIR VANUATU HOUSE                 AGENT: 3817
 PARIS STREET                       NAME: BEKKERUS/DAIVD MR
 PORT VILA
 IATA       : 233 91060
 TELEPHONE  : 678 23848
 
 
 ISSUING AIRLINE                        : AIR VANUATU
 TICKET NUMBER                          : ETKT 218 2420856449
 BOOKING REF : AMADEUS: 6YPSH3, AIRLINE: NF/6YPSH3
 
 FROM /TO        FLIGHT  CL DATE   DEP      FARE BASIS    NVB   NVA   BAG  ST
 
 LUGANVILLE      NF 211  Y  08DEC  0855     Y/ID10                    10K  OK
 SANTO PEKOA
 INTL
 PORT VILA                        ARRIVAL TIME: 0945
 BAUERFIELD INTL
 CHECK IN TIME VILA:-              04:00PM
 PORT VILA       NF 208  Y  13DEC  1805     Y/ID10                    10K  OK
 BAUERFIELD INTL
 LUGANVILLE                       ARRIVAL TIME: 1855
 SANTO PEKOA
 INTL