5.25.2015

week 61 - few more rounds

Monday May (25)

It is hard to leave such a beautiful place to return to a week in Santo... but here I am ready to do whatever.

There are a few other g26er's are visiting on Santo... Elise was here for a day or so... and Steve and Alexi. Hope they have a good visit.

Forgot to post a photo of the bookshelf that is being made:


(26) Tuesday

So far the day is going great... ordered more supplies 59, 4x1 by 2.5 meter treated whitewood boards and they will be ready for my work this weekend. Then they are making some support X's for the internal stability. 100 bucks. Bought a few hundred screws, snadpaper, stain, drill bits and that came to 100 bucks. So much material with so little red tape. Love it. I can buy it and not have to beg for it. Ratua Foundation RULES!!!

Then I found my world bank books and will have them delivered this weekend.

That is a big plus.

Things are looking bright this week.

(27) Wednesday

I went for a walk to the Brisk office and looked at the books I will be receiving. Not sure how many there are but none of them appear to be french, all english. One box i opened was English fiction stories for junior / high-school age kids. They are used but in good condition. They look great. Hope their are more of them and lots of other cool things inside.

Not much else going on at the moment.

(28) Thursday

Went to Nindautu again and hauled over the generator, tools, a bench and plywood and such... I get to the library and i see a nivan kid with a paint tray on the beautiful rosewood table i made getting grey ugly paint all over it. I freaked out WHAT THE HELL MAN.... ran over tossed the tray off and started scrubbing it with alcohol. He ruined the finish unfortunately so I will have to resand it and restain it.

We managed to clean the rooms of the all the rubbish and sweep it pretty well. Made a leg for the bench, fixed the bookshelf leg and prepped everything for the electrician that is going to be here tomorrow.

Photo of the room before cleaning:


(29) Friday

It was a day  of mostly being patient and letting others use my tools and I was there to make sure nothing was lost or broken. I tried to get back to Ratua to build but i was stuck on Malo all day with little to except help the electrician install power at the site. But he needed little help. Good news is most of the power was setup.



(30) Saturday

Day two of babysitting at the Malo while most of my work is put on hold. It was tedious just being idol. Good news is the workman at Malo installed the windows using my tools and he likely will buy them from me so it was good in that way. But I was wishing that I could have used my time to build my things more than watch him do his work. Best part is I got all my things back and he only broke one drill bit. Also the power was setup and now if I work at the site I don't have to drag a generator over.



(31) Sunday

Bryan and Kate came over to Malo and we painted again... and worked on my bookshelf. Marc the owner of Ratua was around he was happy with all the work we were doing for Ninduatu. Here are a few photos:


not finished yet but close... it's based on something Isabelle wanted us to paint from some french kids story book called TinTin... never heard of it but was like sure we can do whatever. We put a volcano in the background erupting.