3.28.2015

week 52 - The Return to Service

(23) Monday

I can't fully recall what I did on Monday. Most likely I hung out with Grace and Kelly. Two awesome people. Might have been Nicole or Bryan and Kate and Kirk too... who knows the week flew by.


(24) Tuesday

A restless night = meeting a bunch of rappers from america and talking to them about doing a charity fundraiser for the disaster relief for Vanuatu. This was their concert info. Mike why did you not talk to them about the disaster?





STRAIGHT OUTTA COMPTON - AUSTRALIAN TOUR

From the World Class Wreckin' Cru & Co-founder of the world's most dangerous group N.W.A we bring you - 
DJ YELLA of NWA 

Supported by:
Curtis Young aka 'Hood Surgeon' The Son of Legendary Dr Dre Eazy-E3 aka 'Baby Eazy-E' The Son of the Godfather of Rap 'Eric EAZY-E Wright'. Spice 1 - West Coast Veteran Tha Alkaholiks aka Tha Liks -

DJ Yella is the stage name of Antoine Carraby, a DJ, music producer, and film director from Compton, California. He was a member of the World Class Wreckin' Cru along with Dr. Dre. He later became a founding member of the pioneering gangsta rap group N.W.A (comprised of Yella, Dre, Ice Cube, MC Ren, and Eazy-E). Along with Dre, he produced Eazy-E's debut album Eazy-Duz-It and all three N.W.A albums.. ..  
Lic A/A  Doors 7 pm
(25) Wednesday

Make the leap and bought a d750 camera... whew it is beautiful. I love this camera. Photos will be flowing from this beast for the rest of my service.

(26) Thursday

We made our return flight to Port Vila from Sydney. It was an all day deal, leaving for the airport at 7am and waiting in the check in for a few hours. Then the mad rush of trying to get my tax return on my computer/electronic purchase. It was stressful and I won't know if it is successful for weeks or months.

The airport was the last chance to indulge on decadent things, food, drinks and fun items. I hope I made the right choices because that was the last gasp of having that kind of fun.

It is good though I was going through cash like a honey badger attacking a cash of honey. Hope am I going to pay for it all... whew. Oh well you only live once.

(27) Friday

I joined Bryan and Kate on the flight back to Santo/Luganville on this date. I was really happy to leave most of the G26ers in Vila and join my close friends (Bryan/Kate/Sam) on Santo and new G27 friends on Santo. I miss the 5 good friends and 5 I was starting to get to know... in Vila and they know who they are so why bother listing.

Disappearing is what I do best around my group but I seem to always hit it off with every group other than mine... thank goodness too being alone the entire time would not be much fun. All the trainee's are up in Luganville. I am not sure how much I will see them since I am back to working on the secondary project as scheduled. This is a relief because being idle is not very interesting. And being in sydney was very much an idle time.

(28) Saturday

I am now back at Malo and working on painting and building the computer lab and library. I could be having fun with the vols but I am here to work not just have fun. I hope to see them a bit during the week. Enjoy Santo G27.

(29) Sunday

Time to start painting... nice breakfast finis and here we go. Last night rain played a little gentle tune on the natengura roof.. much less abrasive than hearing rain on a tin roof, its nicer.

It's great being back everyone seems ten times more curious about me than when I was here the first time. I sat at the dock waiting for the boat for 6 hours and in that time I made at least 10 new friends. They asked me all the classic Ni-van questions... is that tattoo on your arm your wife, how old are you... are you worried that you are too old to get married because you're so old now that soon you will die. It was fun though. This time is seems more entertaining their curiosity. I even got asked the same question i have not heard since training, do you know Rocky or are you friends with Rambo. They think they are different people I think. It's great.