3.19.2015

week 51 - Evacuated

March
(16) Monday

Went into town/Sydney with Bryan and Kate and Kirk explored the city.

(17) Tuesday

Worked on software with IT team at the staples HQ.

(18) Wednesday

Day we learned that we will be able to return to Vanuatu and continue our service.

(19) Thursday

I wake as normal way too early. My mind is full of ideas and my hands are idle. I am sitting in the hotel lobby trying to get my thoughts clear on the changed experience I will have in Vanuatu. Not sure how I feel about everything trying to figure that out. There is so many thoughts in my head these days.

(20) Friday

We went to town... had a few lovely IPA's and The food was amazing. The rain here was a light drizzle and it was almost chilly. I MISS the cold. I like being in a hoodie... and there are so many beautiful pierced and inked up people that it makes me miss my hometown and all the Soap Factory Creeps. Ahh... I think we need to get out of here before we get too used to Developed world culture making returning to sweating, bugs, cold showers and all the hardships that are not that big a deal after a few weeks to adjust to. I am  getting my hair styled on Monday by a really cute Married French girl that has such a sweet accent.

Hm... the IT folks are playing a nice game of code and seek... hardware is hard to find for our software solution...

and I am hopeful to see a show at the opera house. Everything is awesome in Sydney. Except I have a Peace corps paycheck which means I am going broke fast.

(21) Saturday

Today it is cloudy... I am likely to head into town again and hit the museums. Michael wants to develop software. I am not sure that is my main objective since we are here for a small glimmer of time. I want to take advantage of being in this amazing city.

Ate a great breakfast and now I am going to go walk around a bit.