7.13.2015

week 68 - Nearly time to celebrate and wrap it up...

(13) Monday

This week I worked on my slide show to present to the people at Malo and donors that gave money to the foundation to support the project.

I will do a site visit with my Admin Len, and my counterpart tomorrow... and show them what I built.

Then on Thursday I will go back and do the finishing touches... the next week on the 23rd or 24th we have the grand opening, then the project is over...

The week after the donor party and saying thank you to them all... after that I can pack up my shit and start figuring out the next steps. All is working out quite perfectly.

(14) Tuesday

Had a good time with the youth challenge vols in Santo. They had a bit too much kava.

Site visit with Len peace corps, Joel Nandutu Principal, and Kensley my NDMO counterpart. If Peace Corps passes on putting a vol at Nandiutu its their loss... I did what I could.



(15) Wednesday

Mostly was in town just hanging out... met up with Sophie in the day and Bato at night.

(16) Thursday

Doing some library organizing work... with Sophie.


(17) Friday

Organizing the books and labeling continued. Finished the French section, and getting the internet setup... tomorrow I will work on mounting the white-board mounting, stain the last bench and more library setup.


They are way up in this tree:


(18) Saturday

Finished all work on the malo project and headed back to santo. 

When Bryan and Kate came to site and we finished the work. End of Ratua. So long and thanks for all the fish... favorite line from hitchhikers guide. Used that line when I left wells fargo contract in 2008 after 4 years.

(19) Sunday

Very slow day in Luganville... ate a pizza and played a video game. Not much to report.

Last days of city life Vanuatu.