2.16.2015

Week 47 - NDMO, Nandiutu plan, and more.

FEB (16) Monday

Slow start to the day because my counterpart is in Vila. I said I would go to College de Luganville to help them fix a computer... which means they just walk away and expect me to fix it and continue to learn nothing. Not very exciting to dig in the sand and watch it fall back in.

But I can hope they actually sit and watch for the first time ever.

I hear that Angie is back in Michelle Wong's old site. and the new Vols G27 are on the island viewing their site. I might have to check out Saracata for a minute. That's the only location in town that had a new vol the rest are a long ways away.

Guess its time to eat some breakfast. It won't be as nice as the Ratua food...  I sat with near the kitchen. A nivan lady was showing us a music video that she loved on her phone... she showed us twice she was so proud of it.


So I went to ultimate frisbee and ran around and sweat and had a little fun. Met some of the new baby docs, one is very cute. But they are gone before you even get a chance to know them.

(17) Tuesday

All last night I tried patching my bike tired I put one on tested if it had any leaks... found another and then another and another 6 leaks... I am working on the 7th patch now. It has more patch material than original tire almost. Ten patches. And I bet there is another. After I get it back on my the rim and ride it for a day I bet it springs a few new leaks in a matter of days. They have the worst tires and replacement parts for these tires in the world. They should just sell solid rubber tires with no air just to save is the grief of trying to fill them, it's hopeless.

After walking down to the office and working on a design doc, I noticed my counterpart is not back from Vila. He said he'd be back today. He is not. I went home and continued to patch my tire.

5:00pm

Ten patches later I finally have a tire that holds air. Woohoo Victory. I hope it holds over night. We shall see.

(18) Wednesday

Working on disaster program again today. Making some progress section by section. Designing an application from start to finish mostly by myself is a strange experience. Usually I have a group of programmers, DB folks, testers, UI designers, business people and an architect or two.

Omelette potatoes and onion sausage and garlic with pepper and salt and hot seasoning... plus a sprite. that is lunch, that is breakfast, that is dinner until get paid. Next week probably.

Rained. Tire went flat... patch 11 will go on tonight. Maybe that will fix it. If not patch 12 and 13 and 14 and how ever million more I need to put on before it hold air.

Guess there will be ultimate Frisbee hmm. Don't really feel like running around.


(19) Thursday

Late start but I am at the office alone working. Patched my tire again but it became hopeless. I had to swap it out with the less ideal tire because the air stem is short barely fits in the rim for me to inflate with... but it held air. Makes everything more difficult get to and from without a bike. So I am lucky this one is working for now. Fingers crossed.

Tonight we are eating at Attar cafe. I have no money. So I will go on credit with them. They seem to lend me during my last week of brokenness.

Probably will go swimming with Mr. Thomas this weekend. He is a quite animated and funny. Should be interesting.

(20) Friday

Went to work and saw Kensley for the first time in a week. He told me he is going back to Vila next Monday and won't be back for two months. So basically I am on my own for a while. With the Nandiutu project kicking in next week it is fine I will be basically busy building a computer lab/library and that will keep me busy.

Later today the PC's in town are meeting up at Harbor Master a kava bar and chilling for a while.

Tomorrow I think we might go to a blue hole, Mr. Thomas offered his truck and that is excellent because it will save us money and he is fun. Looking forward to RiRi again. A blue hole to swim.

(21) Saturday

Skyped with my parents a bit. My brother is visiting my fam, wish I was there too. They made plans to have a summer in DC with my brother, parents and Mila. I hope she can go visit DC for 3 months to get away from my brother crazy ex-wife and their insane way of treating her.

Today I might get a chance to go to a blue hole with the peace corps vols. We shall see.

couple photos from yesterday at Riri blue hole with the new vols:


Left to right: Myself, Hannah, Gabrielle, Bryan, Kate, Caroline, Cole, Jeffrey



(22) Sunday

Its hard to believe another week is ending. Well next week the Malo project begins. I am excited to be building something.

I went to the beach with Thomas at Million Dollar point and swam for a bit way better than sitting around at my house...

Couple photos...


Then I went to Daria's and had some great food excellent company and met the new VSA vol.